Saturday, March 22, 2008

Quarter of a Century!

For those of you who have not spent your birthday in Idaho at a country bar, may I just say, "you are seriously missing out."

I had a wonderful birthday celebration yesterday replete with laughter and fun and a Keg race to boot! Don't worry it didn't involve downing a keg like I originally feared. I just had to sit on the keg and look pretty while my partner did the hard work of pushing us (me and the keg on wheels) across the dance floor, around the pole and back to the stage. Despite a rough start in which my keg tried to buck me (or was that my partner?), my team clinched an easy victory over our seriously inebriated competitors.

Other highlights of the night include; Dancing!, Not having to pay for anything, getting a CD and packet of matches from the MC just because it was my birthday, laughing with friends about creepy tambourine man and his dancing, flirting with the many good looking men in our party and last but not least, a cheering contest that required cramming as many people as possible on top of our table to scream at the top of our lungs in the hope of winning a round of free shots for the group. We lost.

I also had a wonderful dinner out with friends and presents at the 'oh so good' Steamplant Grill pre-Idaho extravaganza that blessed me in so many ways. I cherish the opportunity to eat good food and spend time talking with the people that I love.

Thanks to all of you who called, sent presents, drove me around, bought me dinner, treated me to a drink, danced my silly dances with me or were just generally kind to me as I tried to make my peace with reaching this milestone.

Here's to hoping that the 25th year is everything I dream it can be!

No comments: