Monday, May 19, 2008

The Lovers, the Dreamers and Me

I met with a financial advisor today and other than being embarrassed at having to admit to an expert all the inexpert ways I spend my money, I enjoyed it immensely. I think a large part of my enjoyment was because this meeting is one of several new catalysts in my life for goal setting and dreaming.

I don't take time to do this enough. To ask myself (and then voice to others) the acts I want to accomplish, the person I want to be, and the places and things I want to experience. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day getting byness and forget where I meant to be headed. I don't want to lose sight of all those grand visions and castles in the clouds. I need the inspiration and rich flavoring that dreaming adds to my seemingly insignificant days. Dreaming gives me hope and reminds me of who I am.

I am an over comer and I am ready to fight back. I'm done pulling a Jonah and am on my way back to kicking asses and taking names. I will take better hold of this time given to me and I will do something good and lasting and great with it. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Aaron Kangas said...

I hope you don't have to kick my ass, since you already know my name...