Friday, July 16, 2010

A Psalm

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Current mood: hopeful
Category: Religion and Philosophy

To: Jesus
From: My heart in a dark time

A Psalm to my LORD based on Psalm 90

"Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God."
You have waited patiently and quietly for my heart and my love since before time began. Planning our love story from start to finish with the same hands that commanded the heavens to open and pour forth your wrath upon the earth in Noah’s time.
The same eyes that cause men to stumble and curse the day they were born look tenderly upon this pale frame with gentle care. The same blazing eyes of passionate anger that could have returned me to dust instead wept for me on the cross as you cried out in your suffering. "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"
Your mighty hand that has destroyed peoples, parted seas and raised the dead to life reaches down to hold mine. To reassure me that everything is going to be ok and show me that I have not been left alone.
Before the stars knew where to stand in the sky, you planned my name, my face, my voice. You breathed your life in to my spirit, started my heart beating and arranged the very hour of my birth into this life, to these parents with this story to tell.
The voice that is the sound of a thousand crashing waves and yet quieter than the pause before waking; the voice that speaks and all obey, that commands life and it is given, the voice that speaks creation and it is realized, is calling my name. It is whispering loving words to a wounded heart and all I can say is...

Thank You.

8 comments:

T said...

Somehow, perhaps not by accident, I have stumbled across this blog -- THIS POST.

How beautifully written, whispers from your heart.

Hunter said...

absolutely beautiful

Blog Administrator, Karen L. Brahs said...

Nothing happens by chance. A visit to my blog has sent me to yours. Ordained and orchestrated by God, the uttering of your heart has touched a place in mine. Beautiful.

Muhammad Zaheer Ashgar said...

www.goldenedge4836.blogspot.com

Muhammad Zaheer Ashgar said...

The Top Most Expensive Cars in the World, Top Speed Cars, Top most hot cars pictures and info
1poundfish.blogspot.com

Muhammad Zaheer Ashgar said...

The Top Most Expensive Cars in the World, Top Speed Cars, Top most hot cars pictures and info
1poundfish.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very Nice Thank You

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! well done..Your words are so true!
He works on sooo many different levels so high above our understanding. and He loves each and everyone of us..BEAUTIFUL!!!
:-)