Friday, October 3, 2008

Really?!

I am staying in the Ghetto. No really. There was a carving knife next to the computer on the front desk when I checked in. I noticed it right after the front desk guy finished telling me how freaked out he was to be alone at the desk at night in this neighborhood. Also, my door doesn't have a room number; just a piece of paper with a number typed on it that's taped to the front. The door also only locks if you pull it inward and slide the bolt at exactly the same moment that you lift up on the door handle.

I'm too tired to care anymore and at least I don't have to stay here alone. Ms. Wonderful from our office agreed to help me out with the fair this weekend and she is being an awfully good sport; especially because we are the only women in the hotel. Maybe I'll pop over to the gas station next door and grab myself a beverage to cheer myself up. In the meantime I've booby trapped the door and demanded that the front desk fix my lock ASAP.

1 comment:

Jenevieve said...

This wasn't by any chance The Deluxe Inn in Redding, was is? Because that was our experience.