Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thought Shots

  • I often wonder how I, who is slightly paranoid and jumpy, seem to find myself in exactly the unlikely situations that I fear will happen but never do for anyone other than me.
  • For any of you who have been considering a career in exotic dancing but have hesitated for fear that you don't have the desirable body type; fear no more! There is a niche for us in Oregon at the Jiggly Dancers Club. Yes!
  • Watching the Vice-Presidential debates tonight inspired me to reflect on my preference for entertainment over things that are true and/or good.
  • The following quote from William Young's book, The Shack, could potentially change my life "It is true that relationships are a whole lot messier than rules, but rules will never give you answers to the deep questions of your heart and they will never love you."

1 comment:

Jenevieve said...

1. I find myself in those situations, too, prompting me to wonder if I help create them with my zealous imagination.
2. I make no comment on your body type or its compatibility with exotic dancing. That's my husband's job.
3. I just read The Shack this week. I thought it was mostly "meh", but I did like when Jesus was talking about how those who embrace him have come from all different religions and none at all, and Mack asks if that means "all paths lead to you". And Jesus says "No, most paths lead nowhere at all, but I'll go down any road to find you."