Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Celebrating the Small Things

There are so many reasons to be negative today; especially with my own critical inner voice adding to the constant drone of wordly downers.

So I've decided to give myself some reasons to be positive. Instead of focusing on all the ways today fell short of my expectations I'm going to celebrate a few of the small (but big to me!) successes of the day. Yay me! And thank you Jesus for all your love at the heart of everything good and bad.

Today I:

Ate two well balanced meals
Asked for help
Went off the beaten track and was rewarded with lunch in the park
Didn't give up. Four times didn't give up.
Was friendly
Went out on a limb for, and was blessed by, a total stranger
Asked for what I wanted and took steps to get it
Had fun
Tried something new
Laughed

I hope you take some time to celebrate your successes too! You might be surprised by how many are there waiting to be appreciated.

p.s. Driving a Chevy Malibu in No. Cal. is like pushing a boat through sand; Johnny Depp style.

2 comments:

Matt said...

A friend of mine in high school drove a Malibu. A '69 Chevelle Malibu. A "weighs three tons but puts out 400 horses so it doesn't matter" Malibu. It's a travesty that they named today's dinky, ugly little tin can of a car with a rubber band motor after something so genuinely beautiful.

Jenevieve said...

Matt, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back. :)

And wasn't CJS pulling the boat rather than pushing it?