Thursday, November 8, 2007

Chinese Bamboo Torture

I learned once (I can't remember how or why so don't ask) that bamboo has been used in the Chinese culture as a tool of torture. One particularly painful form of torture involves placing shoots of bamboo underneath the victim's fingernails. As the bamboo grows, pain ensues.

This sounds pretty painful. However, I think I have brilliantly discovered an equally painful alternative method that can be used should bamboo not be readily available. Instead of putting bamboo under the fingernails, torturers should put acrylic on the finger nails, allow them to dry for a week or so and then have the prisoners rip them off without the aid of any useful tools.

I inadvertently discovered this torture method last night when I opted to remove my own fake nails in order to save money. OUCH!