Thursday, November 15, 2007

Swamped

Unread application files loom over me like imposing sky scrapers or waist high noxious weeds while I futilely make phone call after phone call to California High Schools in an attempt to plan my next two weeks of travel. Meanwhile hostile e-mails pour in as anxious students await my decision.

Will they be welcomed into our warm friendly womb-like community or be heartlessly cut loose into the unfriendly sea of wait listed students? The numbers of students left in limbo continues to rise and swell with everyday that passes.

I am only too happy to oblige them and give the all final ruling if only I could fend of the constant attack of visitors, interviews and paperwork long enough to sit down and read one application. I won't even mention the upcoming opportunity for public humiliation that is cleverly masquerading as a favor to my boss.

I need a day. In my bed. With sappy movies and cups of chamomile and peppermint tea. And maybe a friend. A silent and snugly, preferably male and attractive friend. Maybe then I will feel up to the task.

4 comments:

Matt said...

I hope you get to feeling better, but oh, so many reasons why I can't help. Hosea however is attractive and snugly, and for the moment silent. Still on the wrong side of the planet though.

Bianca said...

That sounds so stressful...

Hey, I know, you could come to San Francisco! :D The 29th is perfect!

Ln said...

Deal and deal!

Jenevieve said...

I was going to offer to lend you Matt or Hosea, but it looks like they beat me to the chase. I'm not male, but I could be quiet and snuggly. And I'd bake you a cake.