Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Drunken Noodle

A poem in honor of my time in Eugene

I am Phad Se Ew seated across from you
Tucked away.
In a corner booth by the window
because of the light.

Hungry?
Kahlua Cheesecake, Minthe Gelato and a box of Hot Tamales
I am Dracula

Early morning coffee
Lemonade
Free drinks
So I do
There's a soy margarine raptor in my oatmeal
I am thirsty and I ache
Through the window I notice that it's a tequila sunset

Silliness
Musical partners in 3 person cranium
Would you P-H-M-M mucho burrito
It is Y and I am finally H
We stay up late whispering secrets into the night

Tofu scramble and a heart unburdened
I sit across from you in the corner window seat
Always the window seat
And I miss you

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the most beautiful poem I have ever heard in my life. Ever. In my life. I love it. So very clever. PHMM though? Please have more of my mucho burrito? Must think on that. You're the bestest of best friends a drunken noodle could ever wish for. smoochiepants xxooAmanda