Monday, October 1, 2007

Untitled

I had a dream last night. In the dream I am talking on the phone to the man I love while driving through twisted forest roads. Suddenly, he appears. Overjoyed, I try to run to him but we are separated by glass and all I can do is press my hand up to the pane where his palm faces mine. I am hurt by his calm face and ashamed of my transparent emotions. I turn away and he leaves me; walking away down the wrong path to the place we are supposed to be staying together. The line goes dead. I am angry at him for leaving me and for going the wrong way but I am more afraid of being alone than I am angry so I abandon my family and run after him. All the while I feel guilty because I know this rocky path is the wrong way and that I should let him go, but I can't. I am afraid that if I don't follow him I will lose him forever. He hears me and turns to look back. As soon as our eyes meet I see that I have lost him already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. was this an actual dream or just a poem type piece? i think it's really devastating in a way that i can relate to. but beautiful at the same time. thanks for sharing friend.