Friday, April 4, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I discovered this little nugget of wisdom today in the essay of a prospective student:

"A good support system is essential in developing one's character. It allows them to take steps they would normally be afraid to take on their own, and provides them with the support to follow through with such endeavors. [Faith gives you] the ability to take risks and step out of one's comfort zone, because you know that you have the support to back you up, and that you will come out of the situation not only unharmed, but also stronger."

While I disagree that trusting Christ and His followers is guaranteed to leave us unharmed, I am grateful to be reminded by this student that I will not be overcome. It is good to hear again that there is an unchanging love to hold me steady in the darkness and that because of this support and the promise of future glory, I have a reason to keep trying and believing.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Amen friend Amen....Good luck on campus this week. I hope it stops snowing on us.