Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Success!

It's nice to know that what you do for a living matters. Today I finally found proof that I have personally recruited one student to our University.

An essay written by a student who recently attended our scholarship competition weekend reads:

"One memory that still sticks with me today is when a representative from WUcame to my high school in Oregon. I remember walking into the Career Center to see a smiling young woman who greeted me with a firm handshake. Right then I knew that this was someone who was friendly but also very eager to leave a lasting impression. She did, as WU is my top choice for a University today."

The best part is that I actually remember meeting this student and seeing as how she's an awesome student I'm pretty stoked that she'll be on campus next fall. It must have been my stellar handshake.

7 comments:

Matt said...

Jeni's trying to convince me to come along with her and the man up to the wedding this summer. The promise of a good firm Ellyn might influence my decision.

Jenevieve said...

"... good firm Ellyn..." Hahahaha!

You do have a stellar handshake, though. And it's so cool someone was thusly influenced.

Matt said...

Oh crap. That was obviously meant to be good firm Ellyn handshake, and not the remarkably skeazy alternative. It was late, ok?

Christina said...

That's so great!! You are a fantastic representative!!

Anonymous said...

and you even made it into an essay! (that's almost like a magnet!)

"the promise of a good firm Ellyn..." is pretty much the funniest comment I've read this year.

Ln said...

I didn't think you were being skeazy Matt. I just thought I was missing a clearly amusing inside joke :). You all are the best!

Mariquita said...

I'm still laughing about your good firmness.

And I'm not surprised you made an impression. :)

MATT! COME TO MY WEDDING!